Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Severe computer problems, would very much appreciate help.  (Read 2542 times)

Injrocks

Severe computer problems, would very much appreciate help.
« on: September 13, 2011, 10:06:20 PM »
I have an HP Pavilion with windows vista. Very recently it restarted itself and upon rebooting it stopped sending a signal to the monitor. I verified that the monitor is still working with a separate computer. I can still turn the computer on, but it doesn't sound as if it is actually loading. It does not produce any beeps when i turn it on. I opened it up and cleaned the dust out with compressed air, then tried again with no change. I am at a loss for what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Severe computer problems, would very much appreciate help.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 10:56:45 PM »
Try reseating the RAM and graphics card (pull them out and put them back in). Check the slots are clear of any bits of dust while you have the parts out.

If the power supply in this other computer you mentioned is of equal or greater wattage, swap power supplies and see if it will boot then.