Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

I have heard at least 10 variants of "Asus." What variant do you use?

Author Topic: How do you pronounce "Asus?"  (Read 8850 times)

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: How do you pronounce "Asus?"
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 06:23:43 AM »
A-SOOSE sounds rather... um... mentally inferior.
She said "eh-soos"...

overthehill

Apprentice

• Keep Canada beautiful. Swallow your beer cans.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 09:29:12 PM »
However you choose to pronounce it (I'm with patio), I just set up the system described below(recovery disks,anti-virus,Office,Mbam,Superantispyware, etc.,etc.) for my young grandson. I'm quite sure that he will be quite happy to receive this notebook as a surprise birthday gift. His first PC. No, I didn't buy it for him, but wouldn't take much coaxing for me to keep it. ;D    overthehill
_______________________________________ ______________

ASUS G74SX-XR1

Key Features

17.3-inch LED-backlit Full HD display for immersive cinematic experience with resolution up to 1920 x 1080

2nd generation Intel Core i7-2630QM processor with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology for the best visibly smart performance that adapts to your needs

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M graphics with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM for leading DirectX 11 gaming

ASUS Power4Gear Hybrid that innovatively saves battery life and delivers extreme performance

SuperSpeed USB 3.0 for quicker device charging and up to 10x faster transfers than USB 2.0

640GB 5400RPM hard drive and 12GB of DDR3 system memory for smooth computing and ample storage for all your games and media files

Backlit gaming keyboard with ergonomic tilt-up design for comfortable control in any lighting environment

EAX Advanced HD 5.0 Audio for premium gaming sound

lectrocrew

Mentor

• ole dog learning new tricks
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • My first self-built computer
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 05:16:35 AM »
However you choose to pronounce it (I'm with patio), I just set up the system described below(recovery disks,anti-virus,Office,Mbam,Superantispyware, etc.,etc.) for my young grandson. I'm quite sure that he will be quite happy to receive this notebook as a surprise birthday gift. His first PC. No, I didn't buy it for him, but wouldn't take much coaxing for me to keep it. ;D    overthehill
_______________________________________ ______________

ASUS G74SX-XR1

Key Features

17.3-inch LED-backlit Full HD display for immersive cinematic experience with resolution up to 1920 x 1080

2nd generation Intel Core i7-2630QM processor with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology for the best visibly smart performance that adapts to your needs

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M graphics with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM for leading DirectX 11 gaming

ASUS Power4Gear Hybrid that innovatively saves battery life and delivers extreme performance

SuperSpeed USB 3.0 for quicker device charging and up to 10x faster transfers than USB 2.0

640GB 5400RPM hard drive and 12GB of DDR3 system memory for smooth computing and ample storage for all your games and media files

Backlit gaming keyboard with ergonomic tilt-up design for comfortable control in any lighting environment

EAX Advanced HD 5.0 Audio for premium gaming sound

Well then don't mention this thread to him and I'll bet that later on, (when he gets it up-and-running better than any of us old folk could), and you ask him, "grandson, how do you pronounce the name of your computer?", he'll let us all know!  ;)  ;D
Mike

Cityscape

Adviser

• Running Debian 8, Linux Mint and Windows 10.
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 05:43:57 PM »
If support teams were always right, this forum wouldn't exist.
Ah, so true!

I pronounce it Ay-soos.

(and I know it's been forever since you guys have seen me around  ;)  lol)

Cityscape

Adviser

• Yes
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 06:48:07 PM »
If support teams were always right, this forum wouldn't exist.
Ah, so true!

I pronounce it Ay-soos.

(and I know it's been forever since you guys have seen me around    lol)

Cityscape

Adviser

• Yes
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 06:57:44 PM »
^^^ Sorry for the double post!  >:(  (From what I remember, the forums don't let you delete posts.)