Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: toshiba satellite a70 boots disconnect  (Read 8686 times)

anthony m. untalan

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • Experience: Beginner
toshiba satellite a70 boots disconnect
« on: September 14, 2011, 04:16:21 AM »
i have this toshiba satellite a70 thats boots up for a second then it will automatically turned off after the logo of toshiba appears even if it is an AC power. i already checked the power cord and its ok, also checked the power switch and it is also ok. And one thing more, the power never stops when i enter the bios setup even it takes an hour but once you exit from the setup and the logo of toshiba appears it disconnects. The power led indicator it lit before and after it turned off

luck of the irish

Intermediate
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: toshiba satellite a70 boots disconnect
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 09:58:24 AM »
Is this a sudden problem? Or has it been like that from the start? After, doing a search on your laptop, it appears to be a design flaw with it, it appears to be static being released from the mousepad. I would like for you to remove the following:
RAM Cards,
Hard-drive,
Optical Drive,
Battery
all peripheral devices, i.e. just the bear essentials, and see how that fairs, and then slowly replace all the components removed, until problem re-appears.

Warnings:

Be sure to properly ground yourself using an anti-static wrist strap.
also when removed battery, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, before removing the components

let me know, how you get on.

anthony m. untalan

Topic Starter

Rookie
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 06:27:11 AM »
thanks, but i tried all what you'd said but its just the same problem, it disconnects. Im just wondering, can disconnections be happen if the processor has the problem. I mean what if the processor has the problem, what will happen?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 12:22:07 AM »
Have you tried booting to safemode(without networking) before the logo appears? What happens? Post the history and changes prior to the events occuring.

anthony m. untalan

Topic Starter

Rookie
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 05:00:33 AM »
NO, because safemode never had the chance to appear before it shutsdown, only the logo of toshiba then after micro second it shutsdown. And it only took probably 5 seconds after i turn it on then it disconnects.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 06:22:52 AM »
If it's shutting down that quickly then it's most likely a heat issue and the machine is trying to protect itself...
I'd take it to a service center for a cleanup.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

anthony m. untalan

Topic Starter

Rookie
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 09:10:51 AM »
I dont its the heat issue, why it doesnt shutdown when i entered the bios set up even it takes half an hour of checking the bios. then when i exit the bios, boom, it shutsdown.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 09:41:36 PM »
Have you tried visually inspecting the PC and cleaning, reinserting cables and components? You could check the processor and re-apply some thermal paste also. Taking out one RAM module, network card then try rebooting. Make sure to clear yourself from any static electricity by touching the metal case of your PC.

anthony m. untalan

Topic Starter

Rookie
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 10:35:03 PM »
I already cleaned it  twice, put thermal paste on it, it doesnt have ram cards because it has an onboard  512 mb ram. I tried swapping its processor with my other computer, with the same specs but the results is just the same, it shutsdown after about 2 to 3 seconds.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 12:04:44 AM »
Since it does not go off while on BIOS settings, did you check hardware descriptions such as hard drive is detected? Have you tried using a bootable disk or OS disk to see if its shutting down? Just cancel the operation if your able to boot from CD w/out the shutdown.

anthony m. untalan

Topic Starter

Rookie
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 08:04:12 AM »
I thought ive found the problem, tried to clean the processor, removed the hard disk and cd rom then turned it on and this time it never shutsdown. I then put the hard disk and automatically it shutsdown, removed it again, turn it on again then i now put the cd rom and it never shutsdown, then put the hard drive and again it shutsdown. So i pressumed the hard drive has the problem, so i removed it again then turn it on and it turns on but it was just for a couple of minutes only. I repeat all the procesess ive did but its just came back to the same problem, with or without the hard disk and the cd rom. Somebody help me!!!!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 08:27:27 AM »
Replace the HDD data cable and connect it to a different Molex connector....still the same ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

fcocanedo

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 08:53:16 AM »
    My english isn't very good, I hope I can help you. I had the same problem, and I fixit changing the AC adapter. Good Look!

anthony m. untalan

Topic Starter

Rookie
    « Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 10:49:38 PM »

Replace the HDD data cable and connect it to a different Molex                                                                                                                                                                                  it doesnt have a HDD data cable, just built in connector.                                                                                           
    My english isn't very good, I hope I can help you. I had the same problem, and I fix it changing the AC adapter. Good Look!
                   What do you mean changing the ac adapter, do you mean you changed it to a higher voltage and amperes ?

anthony m. untalan

Topic Starter

Rookie
    « Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 03:26:28 AM »
    I would just like to ask if 3 amperes differential on the power supply makes a diffrence on the performance of this laptop. I mean this is not the original charger im using but it has the same voltage which is 19 volts but its short of 3 amperes required which is 6 amperes.