Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Operating system not found and media test failure, Vista 7  (Read 3508 times)

cori

Operating system not found and media test failure, Vista 7
« on: September 17, 2011, 06:19:04 PM »
I've tried trouble shooting with the various suggestions, and none have worked since I don't have a CD Rom any longer. When I check the BIOS settings, there isn't a hard disk listed (it says none). It won't let me highlight on the Hard Disk in the Phoenix Bios Setup Utility. My son got a hold of my computer today, and I am so worried I've lost all the date on this computer. These are the messages: PXE-E61 Media test failure, check cable, PXE-MOF, Exiting PXE Rom, Operating system not found. I am not sure how much sense I'm making; I'm new to this. HELP!!!

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Operating system not found and media test failure, Vista 7
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 08:32:06 PM »
Those messages could mostly mean that you need to reseat internal components on your mobo and making sure they are well connected. The last two messages I could recall were the RAM modules and the other one on a wireless network card, both on laptops. But check also all cables loose or damaged. Since the Hard drive is not detected, it might be another issue as posting previous events that led to this state would help determine the problem.