Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: can't open .doc in firefox  (Read 3306 times)

rayahalmusafir

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    can't open .doc in firefox
    « on: September 24, 2011, 09:44:28 PM »
     I have to use firefox to access the blackboard website where my homework is posted. something (an auto update or me being less than an expert on computers) caused it to try and open the documents with word 2010 which I don't have.  So I tried to change the default program and I accidently changed it to a shrotcut instead of word 2007 itself.  Now not only will it not open the documents, but when I right click on it the only options I get are for the link itself (i.e. "copy link location", "save link" etc.)  There is no "open with" or save option or anything.  My default programs for IE are fine, this is only occuring in FF.  Any suggestions??

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: can't open .doc in firefox
    « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 07:54:19 AM »
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

rayahalmusafir

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: can't open .doc in firefox
      « Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 07:01:19 PM »
      Thank you!  That did indeed contain the answer.