Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My computer shut itself down and now it will not start at all.  (Read 2363 times)

athughes2

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    My computer shut itself down and now it will not start at all.
    « on: September 21, 2011, 11:45:15 PM »
    I have an e-machine desktop that started out with vista but I upgraded to 7. I was on-line and my computer shut itself down and now you press the power button and you hear the computer start up but nothing show up on the screen and the power button on the front of the computer does not light up at all. Is there anyone out there that can help me with this issue. Thank you

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Re: My computer shut itself down and now it will not start at all.
    « Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 12:15:34 AM »
    Emachine desktop model? Open the side case(power cord unplugged), now plug on power source first. Do you see a steady green light from the mobo? Press power button and inspect for Fans spinning activity and hard drive indication usually by the led light found at the front of the tower. Post more information from there. What online activities were you in during the sudden shutdown?

athughes2

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 12:23:53 AM »
      the model number is W5243. The fan comes on and the lights for the cdroms come on but that is it. The screen says no signal. the power light on the front does not come on at all.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 12:36:51 AM »
      Notice any hard drive activity?There are usually two led lights in front. One is for the power and the other is for the hard drive(flickering/blinking).
      What online activities were you in during the sudden shutdown?

athughes2

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 12:53:07 AM »
        on this model there is just the power button on front that turns blue when you turn it on. There is no other light but the ones for the two cd roms that I have on there. I was just checking my school account when it did it.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
        « Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 01:20:35 AM »
        Inspect the mobo for any bulging capacitors. If your monitor is connected by a video card , move it back to the onboard to test. If you have 2 RAM installed, use and swap one on each slot then try booting your machine. Any beeps during the POST? Searching for your Emachine model by "no signal on monitor" return with many result.
        http://www.google.com.ph/#q=e+machine+w5243+no+signal+on+monitor&hl=en&prmd=imvns&ei=dOB6TuTPEMySiQfh5ZAq&start=0&sa=N&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=5433cf189c6d0760&biw=1280&bih=598