Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My Computer was once good but now stinks  (Read 3207 times)

Leao67

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    My Computer was once good but now stinks
    « on: August 14, 2011, 01:42:40 AM »
    Ok so my computer and the way it gets internet is wierd.  When i turn my computer and i have logged in the first thing i have to do to use the internet is sign in to my yahoo account(if i dont do this the internet doesnt work).  After that the internet works fine and everythings great.  So whats my problem?  Well my dad put yahoo parental controls on my computer(by the way im 18 now so dont judge me). They were really really annoying so i found the folder where the program was stored and -CUT- all the files out.  Restarted my computer and BOOM i no longer have to sign in to the yahoo account and no more parental controls.  However all videos on all websites lag now, like as they buffer the picture freezes but the sound keeps going. And all vidoes keep this up until its completly bufferd.  This never happend b4 but now waching youtube and anything else is a pain.  Also this happened directly after i removed all the programs from the folder so i seriously doubt its some kind of coincidence.

ps: i recently tried to play runescape to relive the old days and the same thing happens, the picture freezes while the sound keeps going and i palyed runescape on this computer for years without that problem

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: My Computer was once good but now stinks
    « Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 05:08:42 AM »
    what browser are you using? try this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 for internet explorer. WARNING: All DATA WILL BE DELETED.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Leao67

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 07:59:57 PM »
      i did it and i think it helped a little bit but the problem is still there

Transfusion

Mentor

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 09:50:20 PM »
      Do the videos lag on other browsers (firefox, chrome, etc.)?
      What version of IE are you using and on what operating system?

http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER
      try using this to clean up the orphaned registry elements of your computer as well as other temporary files that may reside on your computer.
      In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 11:04:25 PM »
      Also this happened directly after i removed all the programs from the folder so i seriously doubt its some kind of coincidence.
      If this happens after removing folder, since you forgot to mention what are these programs, then it might not be just coincidence.

Leao67

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 01:31:29 AM »
        I tried it on Safari and youtube actually didnt lag, im using internet explorer 8 with windows xp.  And i tried to attach a screen shot of the files i cut and pasted into a dummy folder but it wont let me

Transfusion

Mentor

• Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        « Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 01:45:09 AM »
        you can use a free image host like tinypic.com or imgkeep.com, then post the link of the image here.

Try updating your Internet explorer Flash player-http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproperf/thread/302a436a-5a44-4d35-935c-ad08a3f34a0d

Ignore the part about the graphics card-I'm almost certain its flash player as safari videos works perfectly fine. (flash player comes separately in the IE version and the WebKit (firefox, chrome, safari, etc.) version.

Just to be sure your PC is up to the task of playing HD video, it would help if you posted your PC specs, most importantly your CPU model and Graphics Card model.

Leao67

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 07:31:05 PM »
          ok now my computer keeps freezing, like full on the mouse wont move frozen and it keeps happening