Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: joomla installation  (Read 3011 times)

uk.m

Topic Starter

Rookie

joomla installation
    « on: September 25, 2011, 04:33:35 PM »
    can any one please tell me all additional softwares i need to download before installing joomla.Is there any special way of installing it?I think its better than writing series of html codes

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: joomla installation
    « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 11:53:40 PM »
    Joomla is just one of many free systems to organize your web page design.
    Joomla is a free and open source content management system (CMS) for publishing content on the World Wide Web and intranets and a model–view–controller (MVC) Web application framework that can also be used independently.

Joomla is written in PHP, uses object-oriented programming (OOP) techniques and software design patterns[citation needed], stores data in a MySQL database, and includes features such as page caching, RSS feeds, printable versions of pages, news flashes, blogs, polls, search, and support for language internationalization.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joomla

But you could have found that with a Google search. Do you have any idea of how deep this goes? Do you understand what PHP is? Do you have an idea of what SQL is?  Have you unwritten any amount of HTML code? With CSS?

To test your code you will need either a remote server, or else the equivalent  on you local system.

Not trying to discourage you or anything like that. Your name indicates this is new stuff for you.  But hang on. There are many here who will help you with your  goal to learn how to design web pages.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: joomla installation
    « Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 08:26:53 AM »
    You might ask in http://forum.joomla.org/