Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: SOUND D520  (Read 2917 times)

Ademil4vic

Topic Starter

Beginner

• I BLV IN YOU
    • A-LIMTS TECHNOLOGY
  • Experience: Familiar
SOUND D520
« on: September 30, 2011, 05:32:05 AM »
The above named laptop was formatted and drived well with compatible drivers,but still can't play music files.Whenever i tried to play music or video windows media players alert will comes up:wind media player cannot play the files bcos there is a problem with your sound device.there may not be a sound device installed on your pc,it may be in use by another program....What do i do plz?

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: SOUND D520
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 05:50:47 AM »
After formatting, did you go to the website of the laptop manufacturer and download and install ALL appropriate drivers? Look in device manager - are there any yellow or red symbols?

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 07:09:12 AM »
Just out of curiosity, how many laptops do you have? This is the 6th different laptop you've asked for help with this month. :-\

In addition to what Allan said, install the chipset driver first, if available, then the others. Only use the ones from the Dell website for that laptop or you will likely have issues like this.

Ademil4vic

Topic Starter

Beginner

• I BLV IN YOU
    • A-LIMTS TECHNOLOGY
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 07:27:16 AM »
Thanks to allan and the second person.@allan,there is no yellow or red question mark or exclaimation mark showing that all the drivers are well installed.But still,the problem persist and i habe tried to set the speaker settings in control panel all pages is greyed out.what do i do?

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 07:34:26 AM »
Thanks to allan and the second person.@allan,there is no yellow or red question mark or exclaimation mark showing that all the drivers are well installed.But still,the problem persist and i habe tried to set the speaker settings in control panel all pages is greyed out.what do i do?

If you're not seeing any errors in the hardware manager and there are no devices listed in the sound portion, then it's likely one of the following 4 things:

1. The device doesn't exist.

2. The device has malfunctioned and is no longer detectable.

3. A wire or cable connecting the device to the mainboard in the laptop has broken or come loose.

4. The device is disabled in the BIOS.

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 08:11:15 AM »
Wait, in another thread you previously had stated this laptop was running Windows 7. If it's still running Windows 7, Dell doesn't provide Windows 7 drivers for this laptop.

It's really difficult to follow your issues when you make so many posts about different laptops and multiple posts about the same laptops. If you want some clear answers, I'd suggest keeping your posts about one specific machine to one thread. It's not necessary to start a new thread for every little issue you have with a particular machine, since many issues are often related.