Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't get my video to open....  (Read 2550 times)

mark227

Topic Starter

Beginner

Can't get my video to open....
    « on: September 28, 2011, 03:42:49 PM »
    I have a logitech900 pro web cam, if i make a video I can only play it on my logitech screen that I made it on. If send it to my documents and click on it, a box comes up and says I need some kind of program to open it. My video shows up in my documents as " video 5. wmv- VLC media player". I would like to send it in an email, do I need to download some program in order to open it? Thanks..........

luck of the irish

Intermediate
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Can't get my video to open....
    « Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 03:58:54 PM »
    wmv - windows media video should open using windows media player, vlc is a media player also.
    personally myself, I find that divx is the best video player, it plays a lot of video formats. Information on divx:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divx

link to downloading divx:

http://www.divx.com

mark227

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 01:50:04 PM »
      ok, i set my default to "windows media player". I see my video from my webcam in there and it plays, now the other problem, how do I send the video in an email? When my player is open the only icons on top are, library, rip, burn, and sync, nothing in this box that says "send in email", I tried to click on it and send it to my documents and it won't even let me do that. Any ideas what I should do?

mark227

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 02:53:05 PM »
        When my logitech web cam takes a video it will automaticlly put it in a logitech file in "My Pictures". I click on it in there and a box comes up and says windows can not open this file, it needs to know what program created it. Under the video in my picture file it says "watch.wtc".

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 10:41:14 PM »
        Just use Youtube or Facebook to upload your videos. Never heard of a direct email or attachments of any videos.