Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: get e-mails to download to MS outlook  (Read 3069 times)

pohhop

Topic Starter

Rookie

get e-mails to download to MS outlook
    « on: October 01, 2011, 07:11:10 AM »
    How can I get my Yahoo e-mails and Gmails to download to outlook, so I can use that for all my mails.

When I subscribes to a ISP, who had a fixed ip address it was fine, now I'm using a mobile unit to access the net with variable ip address, it doesn't work.
    Any ldeas.

immental1200

Re: get e-mails to download to MS outlook
    « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 07:31:35 AM »
    Can you browse web pages via the mobile internet device?

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: get e-mails to download to MS outlook
    « Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 07:55:46 AM »
    So, you have Outlook on this "mobile unit", right?  And, your mobile unit accesses the internet via a wireless provider, such as Verizon, right?  In other words, you no longer use an ISP for a wired Internet connection to your home or office, right?

Did you have your Gmail account set up in Outlook as a POP3 mail account when using the ISP?  Since the free Yahoo! Mail account does not work POP3 email clients, please clarify how you were getting your Yahoo! Mail.

Having a fixed IP address is not a requirement to use Outlook for email.  If you have Outlook on your mobile device, have you reviewed the incoming and outgoing server settings, ports, etc.?  This might be helpful: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/introduction-to-outlook-mobile-service-HA010107892.aspx