Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Permission Lock Out's  (Read 2090 times)

emacjake

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Permission Lock Out's
    « on: October 06, 2011, 12:41:53 AM »
    I've been having a lot of trouble with my PC the last few weeks, it started with a virus that i think has been removed i had help from SuperDave in the Virus Forum

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,123503.msg813053.html#msg813053

Yesterday i took some advise to speed up my computer from one of FAQ's on this site, it said that Quicktime doesn't need to be in the startup list so i deleted it as well as itunes from the list

I couldn't open itunes at all after that and a message told me to delete and reinstall itunes, so i deleted it

But now i cant get it back! itunes and Quicktime player will not work or download??

When i try to open any track with itunes, any video with quicktime player and other random things like google chrome i get a message saying

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item

Please help

emacjake

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Permission Lock Out's
      « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 05:16:51 AM »
      Turns out the problem is much worse than i thought

all sorts of things arent working such as changing my desktop background picture, or play certain games

more and more things i try and do say i don't have appropriate permissions???

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!