Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My Graphics Card Problems  (Read 2416 times)

Macawley Hill

My Graphics Card Problems
« on: October 06, 2011, 12:25:37 PM »
My Acer Aspire 5735Z has a Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics card, and while attempting to game upon my laptop I have experienced issuses with the graphics card, I have been on a game tester site to see the cause of my problem and it has said that my graphics card is failing on all games. However when I look in detail at the key components needed within my graphics card, my card covers them all, but yet it fails the overall test. Can anyone help or advise me on a solution to this problem?

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: My Graphics Card Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 01:47:49 PM »
The Intel GMA 4500MHD is not a dedicated graphics card.  It's not for gaming.  Read this:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: My Graphics Card Problems
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 08:58:40 PM »
Even the highest rated Intel chipset (Intel HD 3000) is useless for gaming, and the 4500 is ranked at about half of that that is. Intel chipsets are really only good for everyday computing.

If this were a desktop, I'd recommend getting a good card put in, but given that the Aspire 5735Z is a laptop, you won't be able to change this. If you want to want to play games, I'd suggest building a decent desktop system. If you want to play them on the go for whatever reason, get a decent laptop with at least an Nvidia or ATI chipset in them, but you probably still won't get as good performance like you would with a desktop.