Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ASUS G60 HDMI No Signal/Invalid format  (Read 5207 times)

nasroo7

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    ASUS G60 HDMI No Signal/Invalid format
    « on: October 12, 2011, 11:24:22 PM »
    Hello,

I have an ASUS G60JX-RBBX05, with Windows 7 64x [ Intel i5-430M, 4GB DDR2, GeForce GTS360M 1GB GDDR5, 500GB, HDMI output ]
    I plugged it with a VIZIO M260MV 26" LED LCD HDTV via HDMI.

The problem: No Signal, or sometimes Invalid Format.

I made some research, and I found that changing the resolution can help. But The resolution is already 1920*1080 (And the TV is compatible with this resolution)
    The rate frequency is on 60Hz (compatible with the TV)
    On the NVIDIA control panel> Multiple displays, the VIZIO M260MV is detected, and selected as the second display. (I tried Extended desktop, duplicate... didn't work)

The weird thing is... As opposite of many people, when windows is rebooting, there is no display on the TV... But, when I change the resolution of the M260MV display(From the computer), my desktop shows up on the TV for a second, and then disappear !

So, the only time the TV shows my desktop is during the second after I click on "APPLY" when changing the M260MV screen resolution (from Windows7 Screen resolution)

I play with the PS3 with the same TV and HDMI cable. So, when I plug the same HDMI cable on the PS3... the PS3 works fine... But when I plug it on the laptop... No Signal... or sometimes Invalid format... But again, the desktop shows up on the TV for one second after applying a screen TV resolution change from the computer ONLY.

Please help... I tried everything I could think of... Updated Windows and graphic card drivers... I don't know... Any help ?  :'(

nasroo7

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      Re: ASUS G60 HDMI No Signal/Invalid format
      « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 05:27:43 PM »
      Nobody?  :'(

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 11:40:58 PM »
      You have a PS3, laptop and desktop using one LCD TV... The cable could be faulty. The No signal could also mean that the video being set is on the selection found on the TV itself. TV1, TV2/HDM1, HDMI2.
      On the NVIDIA control panel> Multiple displays, the VIZIO M260MV is detected, and selected as the second display
      Have you tried using Single display or direct output only for TV instead?

nasroo7

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        « Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 04:27:09 PM »
        There is only one laptop and one ps3
        when I said desktop, I meant the desktop of windows (of the laptop)

I tried a single display for the TV only.
        And I checked all the TV selections (HDMI1, 2, 3 ...) But the HDMI1 is the one that respond for the PS3, and sometimes for the laptop.