Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to overclock AMD Athlon ii x4 645  (Read 14952 times)

ryukis215

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: How to overclock AMD Athlon ii x4 645
    « Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 01:58:38 AM »
    It worked and i somehow put HT speed link to minimum and reference clock to max till i coulnd't go any higher, but when i started the pc it said
    "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!warning!!!!!!!!!!!"
     "Too many cold reset due to BIOS POST, system might be incorrectely overclocked"
    "press 'DEL' to resume"

i think the pc is in danger if i log into windows.
    EDIT: i cant log into windows anyway, pressing DEL takes me back to the bios
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 02:10:56 AM by ryukis215 »

immental1200

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 07:17:15 AM »
    It worked and i somehow put HT speed link to minimum and reference clock to max till i coulnd't go any higher, but when i started the pc it said
    "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!warning!!!!!!!!!!!"
     "Too many cold reset due to BIOS POST, system might be incorrectely overclocked"
    "press 'DEL' to resume"

i think the pc is in danger if i log into windows.
    EDIT: i cant log into windows anyway, pressing DEL takes me back to the bios

Go into the BIOS, reset everything as it was - use the photos you took to remind you what the settings should be at.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 07:55:31 AM »
    Or you can just reset CMOS.
    "I think the PC is in danger if I log into Windows."
    It won't start smoking or anything; the worst that will happen is a couple of BSODs.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

ryukis215

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 06:25:16 AM »
      I think i messed it up, i cant log into windows or even get into the bios settings, it just freezes on the screen wehre it tells you what buttons you can press to start up bios etc. :(
      and the part where i change the reference clock and ht link+speed, is that part of overclocking and will that void my warranty?

EDIT: i FIXED it, jsut let it cool down and it was orite, what i did was change the reference clock to 280 MHZ, and when it was stuck in the bios i noticed it saying "4.10 GHZ" and now i changed the settings back and it says "3.09 GHZ", meaning i did it correctly but the units were too high?

EDIT #2: I'v sucesfully went from 3.1 to 3.63, although i know i can go upto 3.8 because i'v seen others do it with this cpu but i think ill stay here, big improvement imo :) Thanks transfusion for all the help :) and if there's more i need to do like change voltage or something please tell me :D
      « Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 07:02:22 AM by ryukis215 »

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 12:45:13 PM »
      Yes whenever you run your CPU above stock speeds, it is considered overclocking and voids your warranty.

If you are willing to, you could increase the CPU voltage by +0.1 and try again. I wouldn't go for anything above +0.5. A nasty effect of increasing voltage is the increased temperature.
      In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
      Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none