Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hp ze2000 No Power.  (Read 3128 times)

harobikes34

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Hp ze2000 No Power.
    « on: October 11, 2011, 02:32:26 PM »
    My freind gave me his Hp ze2000 yesterday and told me he thinks its over heating and it shuts off after a minute or two. Saturday i looked it at and told him i think its the cpu over heating because the fan wasn't spinning at all. He gives it to me yesterday and i plug it in to the charger and nothing happened. No charge light, no sounds, no nothing. I took it apart and have it laid out in front of me and all the components look fine. The power jack is firmly seated and the 18 volts runs through it so i know its good, and the power adapter is fine also. Does anyone have any clue what could be wrong with it, if the cpu was blown wouldn't i still get a charge light?

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Hp ze2000 No Power.
    « Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 04:25:20 PM »
    Those are the symptoms of the way most laptops fail.  A component on the motherboard has failed.  Which one is nearly impossible to find without specialized equipment, schematic diagrams & knowledge.  That's why no one repairs them, they are replaced with known good ones.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    « Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 05:21:25 PM »
    Those are the symptoms of the way most laptops fail.  A component on the motherboard has failed.  Which one is nearly impossible to find without specialized equipment, schematic diagrams & knowledge.  That's why no one repairs them, they are replaced with known good ones.
    How True!
    If you ant a maintainable personal computer you have to get a Desktop.

Well, there are some options, buts the price is high.

harobikes34

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 07:01:51 PM »
      Yeah thats what i thought, i was looking for anything that looked burnt under my magnifying lens and an R033 fuse has a brown mark down it so i metered it and the 18v was going thought and the i continuity tested around some places around the cpu side of the board and its getting power. Dam shame though, So you guys think the thing turning on and off after a few minutes of use for the last few months was actually some component that i cannot seem to find failing, not the thing over heating?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      « Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 10:54:31 PM »
      It it was mine and I really liked it, I would talk to HP and see what trans-in to repair options they may have. They may give you the most practical answer.

But it depends where you live. In a few places there are some repair shops that can do wonders. But they are hard to find.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      « Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 03:19:08 AM »
      Yeah thats what i thought, i was looking for anything that looked burnt under my magnifying lens and an R033 fuse has a brown mark down it so i metered it and the 18v was going thought and the i continuity tested around some places around the cpu side of the board and its getting power. Dam shame though, So you guys think the thing turning on and off after a few minutes of use for the last few months was actually some component that i cannot seem to find failing, not the thing over heating?
      Been there...done that, myself.  In answer to your question, yes.  BTW, there are places that purchase non-working laptops who part them out & sell the working components (i.e., keyboard, screen, pwr adapter).