Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: word 2000/windows XP, won't print properly  (Read 3827 times)

1jason2

Topic Starter

Rookie

word 2000/windows XP, won't print properly
    « on: October 12, 2011, 01:03:33 AM »
    I am having difficulty printing Word documents as they seem to be printing lightly and only about 1/2 of the line of text as in it's cut off either the top or bottom all the way across the line or skips lines here and there.  I can print everything else just fine such as web pages and PDF's and PowerPoint, emails, etc.  I have a new ink cartridge in there and seems like there are no other issues other than with Word.  Is there an easy fix or do I have to try reinstalling the program software or what?  The problem is, I am totally unaware as to where I put the CD, whoops.  Just wondering if it is a registry error or incompatibility or something simple or common.  Thanks for any help.

It was suggested I try a free word processing program and I tried Abiword and it printed the same way.         

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: word 2000/windows XP, won't print properly
    « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 08:27:08 AM »
    If it's done it in more than one word processing app then chances are very good that it's the printer that's at fault...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: word 2000/windows XP, won't print properly
    « Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 11:41:04 AM »
    Make and model of printer?

You don't need the CD. You can get the driver from the manufacturer's site.

Do a nozzle check first (check in printer maintenance options) and if necessary, do a head/nozzle cleaning (also in those options). Also do a head alignment (in the maintenance options too).

If none of those fixes it, reinstall the software. If that doesn't help, as Patio said, there's probably an issue with the printer.