Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Monitor goes off  (Read 7650 times)

truenorth

Guru

Re: Computer Monitor goes off
    « Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 11:16:04 AM »
    Ouch! It sure looks like a motherboard replacement is in your future. Some computer service locations can replace damaged capacitors but it becomes a factor of the costs to replace them (labour/parts) and the cost of another MB. You seem to not be intimidated by the innards of your computer. Do you intend to replace the MB yourself? Have you ever done this before?If i were in your shoes i would also want to compare and consider a full computer replacement as another alternative. Much more up to date computers are now available at quite low cost. So think about this before you leap. Many of your current components can be used with or in addition to the replacement computer. For instance the current HDD plus optical drives can probably be added to your "new" computer. All your external devices can also more than likely be used. My concern re the repair of the current MB would be what caused the capacitors to go bad? They may be but a symptom of other issues.You probably can find a replacement MB on E-Bay or the like but you sure would need to be careful there as there would need to be some guaranty from the vendor re it's working. Decision time! truenorth

lilhellyan76

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 11:44:11 AM »
      Heyy Back and yes Ouch!! I work on pc's alot.  Family, friends and friends of friends and familys Pc's. mostly virus issues and reformatts..it a breeze to fix one for me most of the time.. sometimes i get stumped.. lol but i didnt see those compasators until i took out the memcards cause they are kindof hidden.. i should of known to look better. i have looked on ebay.. i will prob buy another for 25 bucks and intstall myself and be done with it...  and yess i have replaced motherboards myself..and\ everything else possible inside the a pc.  simple simple :) yea i dont know what could cause it to do that really.. not that good at it.. lol. hopefully a new one will fix the problem!! Patty

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 05:54:51 PM »
        Well good luck to you and do come back after the MB replacement and tell us how you fared. truenorth

lilhellyan76

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 08:12:31 PM »
          will do and thanks.. yall have helped me out alot.. under diff name and as guest!! yall are great. gonna mark as solved!! Patty\

lilhellyan76

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 11:04:18 PM »
            Hiya Truenorth!! Finally fixed the motherboard. i replaced the 2 bad capacitors.. it didnt come on. gave me beep error codes. so i had to think about that a bit and then i done like u told me and tried seein if it was the memory sticks. 2 of them arnt good.!!!! what in the world would make them go bad!??? but the pc is up and running!! if u can tell me how to know they would go bad like that let me know. and oh. when i tried the cmos battery.. it reset and it comes up i have no floppy and to click f1. i dont have a floppy. .. so do u know how to make it stop comin up? the simplest things seem to get me confused. lol thanks! Patty

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 05:21:15 AM »
            There is an option to turn off floppy seek in the BIOS...
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

lilhellyan76

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 08:38:51 AM »
              yea maybe i done it wrong.. but when i did the pc wouldnt  boot up windows!!i could of clicked the wrong thing.  i will try it again! :)