Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is it wrong to use a finger to press the small projection on the power switch  (Read 2290 times)

kwfine

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    My old computer's power button has broken, the spring has lost all retension, so I removed the button covering.
    Please see this photo:

I used my finger to touch the small projection on the power switch (as shown in red circle) to turn on my PC,
    but I found that my PC would restart or shut down by itself.
    But if I used a pen to touch it to turn on my PC, then it would be fine, no shut down, no restarting.

I am wondering if it is wrong to use a finger to press that small projection on the power switch directly?

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    No, its just a piece of plastic and is not electrically conductive. If the spring mechanism is nonfunctional I would suggest replacing the switch.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none