Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Looking for Advice on Adobe Photoshop Elements 9  (Read 2631 times)

Jaxi541

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Looking for Advice on Adobe Photoshop Elements 9
    « on: October 14, 2011, 01:01:37 PM »
    This is only my second post on this website so, if I would do better to ask my question in another forum, I would welcome advice to that effect.

I have recently bought Photoshop Elements 9 and I'm struggling to get to grips with it despite having bought a couple of books on the subject (I've found the users manual that comes with the software somewhat unhelpful).  Prior to buying this software, I stored my photos in 'Windows Photo Gallery'  - I'm running Internet Explorer 9 on Windows Vista 64 bit, Premiun Home Edition.  In PSE9, images are fiirst imported from your camera either directly or via a digital card reader into 'Organizer' were they are stored, and subsequently worked on.  However, I have been unable to find any instructions anywhere on how I might import my photos from 'Windows Photo Gallery' into 'Organizer', or establish if this is even possible.

Any advice and/or comments would be much appreciated. 
    Many thanks
    Jaxi541

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Looking for Advice on Adobe Photoshop Elements 9
    « Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 09:11:18 PM »
    I really would like to help you. I never did get familiar with photo shop and spent a lot of time on another program, which also was a challenge. But there is a lot of help out there.
    This is for a similar photo shop product. No sure if it would help.
    http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/photoshop-cs5-allinone-for-dummies-cheat-sheet.html

Now this may sound dumb, but it is not a joke. One primitive way to get stuff into you organizer is like antis:
    1.) Get snuff of the camera. erase all images on the camera.
    2) With the camera still connected, open up My computer or just Computer and locate the drive or icon that represents the camera.
    3 ) Drag and drop images from then other place, 'Windows Photo Gallery' onto the camera memory.

After that, discount the camera, wait a few seconds, plug it back in and load the images into photoshop. Just might work.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Looking for Advice on Adobe Photoshop Elements 9
    « Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 09:18:55 PM »
    Windows Live Photo gallery seems to merely list the files in well known locations.

Point Organizer towards the "My Pictures" folder, that should work.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.