Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I have a couple of questions if you dont mind helping me  (Read 3361 times)

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Beginner
    I have a couple of questions if you dont mind helping me
    « on: October 15, 2011, 11:36:12 PM »
    1) Im not sure if my printer is working. Is there anyway I know for sure if my printer is working. I do have to buy some ink.  I havent used it in a while and Im not sure how it is after the eRecovery thing.

2) Somehow my Adobe Reader isnt working. I have Adobe Reader 7 and I know its out of date but I cant upgrade the Adobe Reader. Do you think its better if I just download the thing that I downloaded when my notepad wasnt working? I dont know the name off the top of my head.

3) Is there anyway I can get rid of my Acer Tool? Everytime I get on the computer, automatically, my Acer Tool pops up and its very annoying. I have to get a better description of what the Acer Tool is but its very annoying.

4) I think this is the question I wanted to ask and its a minor one. Is there anyway I can get my thumbnails back? Would I have to upgrade from IE 7, which I have now, to IE 9? Also, and this sounds like a broken record, if I do upgrade to IE 9, will I lose my browsing history?

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Re: I have a couple of questions if you dont mind helping me
      « Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 04:34:34 PM »
      The first question I asked about the printer is fine. I got the ink and installed the printer using the CD I got when I bought the printer.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 05:42:18 PM »

2) Somehow my Adobe Reader isnt working. I have Adobe Reader 7 and I know its out of date but I cant upgrade the Adobe Reader. Do you think its better if I just download the thing that I downloaded when my notepad wasnt working? I dont know the name off the top of my head.

"... the thing ..."?   How we supposed to know what you mean if you don't clearly explain what you're talking about.

Based on what you've said, I have no clue why you can't upgrade Adobe Reader.  Again, we need clear explanations.

A good alternative to Adobe Reader is Foxit Reader. 

3) Is there anyway I can get rid of my Acer Tool?
      Have you looked for it in Programs and Features?  If it's there, as it should be, then you can uninstall it.

4) I think this is the question I wanted to ask and its a minor one. Is there anyway I can get my thumbnails back? Would I have to upgrade from IE 7, which I have now, to IE 9? Also, and this sounds like a broken record, if I do upgrade to IE 9, will I lose my browsing history?
      Again, some info seems to be missing.  What's the thumbnails issue? 

If you upgrade, you will not lose your Favorites.  I'm not sure about browsing history; I suspect you may lose it.

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 06:06:35 PM »
        "... the thing ..."?   How we supposed to know what you mean if you don't clearly explain what you're talking about.

Based on what you've said, I have no clue why you can't upgrade Adobe Reader.  Again, we need clear explanations.

A good alternative to Adobe Reader is Foxit Reader. 

"I have Adobe Reader 7 and I believe its out of date. I did have some trouble downloading the latest Adobe Reader. Thats why I was asking for an alternative to Adobe Reader. I had Foxit Reader before I lost all my information and just didnt remember what it was that I had before.

Have you looked for it in Programs and Features?  If it's there, as it should be, then you can uninstall it.
        Its called Acer Tool something but it automatically pops up when I log in to my computer. That never happened before in the 4 yrs. I've had this computer.
        Again, some info seems to be missing.  What's the thumbnails issue? 
        My thumbnails dont work and they should. I move my mouse near one of the webpages that Im on and theres no thumbnail. Will they work if I upgrade to IE 9?

If you upgrade, you will not lose your Favorites.  I'm not sure about browsing history; I suspect you may lose it.

So I might lose the browsing history? If theres someway I can upgrade to IE 9 w/o losing the browsing history that would be good.

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 07:35:25 AM »
        I don't believe you've stated your version of Windows.  Is it Vista or 7?

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 10:40:00 AM »
          Oh, Im sorry about that. I have Windows Vista.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
          • Geek After Dark
            • Gekk9pm bnlog
          • Certifications: List
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 01:25:58 PM »
          I hate the Adobe PDF reader. There are many alternatives.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 06:38:14 PM »
          And Foxit...as suggested would be the best choice...
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "