Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Acer Aspire - Blank start up  (Read 2978 times)

yaoishadow

Acer Aspire - Blank start up
« on: October 26, 2011, 08:48:50 PM »
Notebook
Acer Aspire 5810TZ
Operating System: Windows XP
(I'll try to determine model number if it's required)

Hi.
I've had my Aspire (refurbished) for approximately a year. At one moment, it worked fine perhaps a little slower than usual, but about 30 minutes later, it had trouble starting up. It sounds as it usually does when it starts, but the screen remains blank, and only the blue light next to the green battery light will come on. At one point, it would sometimes be a different one (usually the one previously mentioned though), but it would still not properly start up.
I have done power checks on it, removed the battery and ran it via power cord alone, left it alone for a few days, tried to restart it, but nothing has helped. The warranty is out on it, and I don't have the money to take it in for repairs.
I was wondering what caused this and if it's possible to fix it (and for a decent, if no, price).
Thank you for your time.

nickgr5

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Acer Aspire - Blank start up
    « Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 02:39:27 PM »
    Try removing/replacing the RAM Dimm; it has happened to me as well in an old Acer Travelmate. Apart from that, there's nothing else that I can think of,