Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer won't remember passwords  (Read 3518 times)

stumble

Topic Starter

Beginner

• me(mother) and my daughter (left)
  • Experience: Experienced
Computer won't remember passwords
« on: October 29, 2011, 05:43:30 AM »
I have this problem on both Vista and 7.  Every time I get email (and I have 10 accounts) it asks me for my password.   I am using Outlook 2000.  I made sure Remote procedure Call was on automatic.

Sandy
 :-[

Edited by Allan to remove empty space
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 07:35:57 AM by Allan »

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
Re: Computer won't remember passwords
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 07:28:47 AM »
Your version of Outlook is old and I don't know how settings in it compare to newer versions.  I have Office 2003 on a Win XP system.   Where, exactly, in the Outlook 2000 menu structure is "Remote procedure Call" found? 

You could try using the free email clients from Microsoft for Vista and 7.  You already have the one with Vista.  It's Windows Mail.  Win 7 has no built-in email client but you can download the free Windows Live Mail.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 07:44:09 AM by soybean »

stumble

Topic Starter

Beginner

• me(mother) and my daughter (left)
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 09:11:02 PM »
I have Windows Live Mail on another computer and I could never get it to handle more than 1 email address.  Remote procedure call  is in services.msc and it is what allows passwords to be saved.  I have always used Outlook 2000 and it has always worked just fine.  Now I have two computers that keep asking for a password.   I keep my email on one computer and forward to myself important stuff.  Now there is no sense in having two computers.

Sandy in chilly FL     

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 09:15:48 PM »
RPC is not the issue...
Sorry it's chilly down there.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 10:50:21 AM »
Now there is no sense in having two computers.
Why, because of the password issue?  That makes no sense.  You either have a need to get your email on two computers or you don't.   ::)

I have Windows Live Mail on another computer and I could never get it to handle more than 1 email address. 
Don't what your problem is there.  Windows Live Mail, and every other email client that I know of, can handle multiple email accounts.  I have 5 email accounts in Windows Live Mail. 

I have always used Outlook 2000 and it has always worked just fine.  Now I have two computers that keep asking for a password.   
Do you know how to save a password in Outlook?  Please explain exactly how you believe the procedure works.  Have you changed your password recently?  If you access your email account via web browser, does the same password work?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 03:37:08 PM »
Remote procedure call  is in services.msc and it is what allows passwords to be saved.
No, it is entirely and completely unrelated to your issue.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.