Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: best browser  (Read 11478 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: best browser
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 02:17:41 PM »
So, the mystery continues.
What mystery? ST seems to have cleared anything up. Or is this more about you being "right"?
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 02:23:24 PM »
Now it's even worse. A huge picture of our friend the cassette player, cropped at the top, against a listing for a "Kitchen lot". It certainly seems that the cache is implicated somehow, if my dicking around with the settings provoked this...

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »
What mystery? ST seems to have cleared anything up. Or is this more about you being "right"?
Well, since my setting in my Windows 7 system is still at the default 5 hours for Check images, the issue didn't seem to cleared up yet.  If that were the issue, then changing that setting to be a shorter time should resolved it but ST has tried that and apparently that setting change did not resolve the issue. 

But, I agree ST seems to have the best clue so far to what may be going on here:
Now it's even worse. A huge picture of our friend the cassette player, cropped at the top, against a listing for a "Kitchen lot". It certainly seems that the cache is implicated somehow, if my dicking around with the settings provoked this...

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2011, 03:20:28 PM »
    ST , Thank you for coming on board with your comments re this phenomenon some people may have started to think i was seeing things  ;D,truenorth

Salmon Trout

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2011, 03:39:54 PM »
    some people may have started to think i was seeing things

Like the guy said...

don't go thinking you're nuts, just blame it on Opera because quite frankly even in release 10.6 it's got a nasty cache bug.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #35 on: November 03, 2011, 05:15:59 PM »
    That's a sweet cassette player...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2011, 06:27:47 PM »
      patio, Actually the picture and description are incomplete (i know this because i have seen that model in retail stores). It is also a phonograph with the ability to transcribe directly to cd. Was interested in it at $10.00 but it was above $25.00 just before the auction closed. truenorth