Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Scrolling  (Read 2284 times)

Guzeppi

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Certifications: List
    • Experience: Beginner
    Scrolling
    « on: October 31, 2011, 03:05:21 PM »
    how to scroll up/down a page when:  a) the relevant arrows are missing
                                                                b) the Page Up  /  Page Down tabs are missing
                                                                c) using the spacebar  scrolls   the pages too fast or not at all.
    GUZEPPI

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Scrolling
    « Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 06:25:13 PM »
    Arrow keys for up/down should work if its scrollable unless you have a broken keyboard so that the arrow keys are no longer functional. I use my arrow keys a lot on my netbook for scrolling vs the touch pad. If this is a laptop with a messed up keyboard so you dont have functioning arrow keys and page-up/down keys, you can attach a USB keyboard to it until you can replace the damaged laptop keyboard with disfunctional keys.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Scrolling
    « Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 08:21:52 PM »
    number pad, num lock off, and use it's cursor keys.

Edit:
    with a laptop, numlock is typically Fn+F11, and the cursor control keys are usually on the keyboard. for my laptop in order to use them, I need to enable the number pad function, and use Shift and the appropriate marked keys in order to use them as cursors. This has the side effect of selecting whatever I move through (since I'm holding shift).
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.