Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 7 random restarts BSOD  (Read 2585 times)

Mathias

Windows 7 random restarts BSOD
« on: November 02, 2011, 01:46:10 PM »

I just built a PC for my first time. I installed Windows 7 and installed all my drivers and everything worked fine. I was playing Half-Life 2 for a few hours and it shut off. When I turned it back on it made it to the “Starting Windows” screen then I got a Blue Screen of Death. Now it is stuck in a restart loop. Sometimes it will boot all the way to the Starting Windows screen and other times it will freeze at the Bios screen. I’ve booted in safe mode. Windows 7 tells me I need to address a problem with my NVIDIA Graphics Driver. Is this where I should start?

System Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard, Intel i7 960, PSU Rosewill 1000w RBR 1000m, Kingston HyperX 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600, Geforce GTX 470.

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Windows 7 random restarts BSOD
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 02:42:27 PM »
I’ve booted in safe mode. Windows 7 tells me I need to address a problem with my NVIDIA Graphics Driver. Is this where I should start?

Yes. Go to the nvidia website, download a driver for your video card, and install it.
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/