Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: alphanumeric 'stuff'  (Read 2504 times)

sherry!

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    alphanumeric 'stuff'
    « on: November 14, 2011, 08:49:09 PM »
    Hope I spelled that right ? Anyway, when trying to register a password for some site, I try to make it as secure as possible, using a variety of letters, symbols & etc. Often, I get a message that I need to use alpha numeric symbols or whatever. Give me some advice here, please ?
    And thanks for answering my first post.  :)

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: alphanumeric 'stuff'
    « Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 10:13:55 PM »
    In computers designed for English language users, alphanumeric (sometimes seen as ) are those comprised by the combined set of the 26 alphabetic characters, A to Z, and the 10 Arabic numerals, 0 to 9. In some usages, the alphanumeric character set may include both upper and lower case letters, punctuation marks, and symbols (such as @, &, and *, for example). For languages other than English, alphanumeric characters include letter variations such as é and ç. For some computer usages, such as file naming, alphanumeric characters are strictly limited to the 26 alphabetic characters and 10 numerals; however, for other usages, such as programming, other keyboard symbols are sometimes permitted.
    http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci763592,00.html

If you want a secure password generator, I use this:
    https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none