Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Logitech and saitek stick won't work independently.  (Read 4969 times)

Crafty

Logitech and saitek stick won't work independently.
« on: November 14, 2011, 11:13:43 AM »
Hi, I have a joystick which is a saitek X52 and a joypad which is a Logitech. The problem I am having is that in some games they recognize each other at the same time making the game unplayable. This would be easliy solved if I could just unplug one stick at a time, but when I do this I have to keep remapping all the controls because as soon as I take them out of the USB port they lose the mapping keys. Any ideas anyone? The main game it does this is in Fifa12 for the Pc.

Linux711

Mentor

• Yes
    • Programming Blog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Logitech and saitek stick won't work independently.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 11:16:55 AM »
I don't use joysticks, but couldn't you just disable it in device manager?
YouTube

"Genius is persistence, not brain power." - Me

"Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"" - LaVolpe

Crafty

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 01:06:29 PM »
I could try it but which one of these do I disable, or do I disable them both? One says saitek controller (USB) and the other Saitek controller  (HID).

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 02:16:56 PM »
Saitek...although they build the best joystiks have not always written the best drivers...
But check their site to assure you have the latest ones installed for your setup.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Crafty

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 03:51:52 PM »
Saitek...although they build the best joystiks have not always written the best drivers...
But check their site to assure you have the latest ones installed for your setup.

Done that but still the same, I'm still not sure which to disable though? Also, won't disabling it be the same as disconnecting it?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 08:24:06 PM »
If you disable the Logitech device it does not uninstall it...
It will be re-enabled on next boot.

One of the main reasons i'm mad at MS because they got rid of Hardware profiles....they would come in handy in this case...

Crafty

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 07:22:26 AM »
I don't use joysticks, but couldn't you just disable it in device manager?

For anyone else attempting this doing this corrupted my computer and I have had to spend the day renistalling everything, so be warned! The second time I tried doing this is when it broght my computer to a stand still and created a blank screen after restarting it.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 06:07:00 PM »
For anyone else attempting this doing this corrupted my computer and I have had to spend the day renistalling everything, so be warned! The second time I tried doing this is when it broght my computer to a stand still and created a blank screen after restarting it.

That doesn't make any sense.

I just disabled one of my game controllers, reboot, re-enabled, and restarted again without an issue. Clearly there was something else wrong.

More specificially, I note you mention Logitech and Saitek, But you make no mention of device manager nodes aside from Saitek.

More to the point, using multiple controllers depends on the game saving it's settings properly. A lot of them will basically same the various bindings as say "DirectInput joystick one, button 1" which means that whatever gamepad is assigned as joystick one will get that assignment, which could change if you hotplug the controllers. Properly done, the setting ought to be saved as something like "Logitech Dual Action, Button 1" and then the game should resolve the gamepad name based on DirectInput Device names. But most games don't do that, because very few are tested with multiple gamepads.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 07:14:19 PM »

If you are stating that the advice given hosed your system you are mistaken or you have done something other than what was suggested...

Crafty

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 07:59:10 AM »
If you are stating that the advice given hosed your system you are mistaken or you have done something other than what was suggested...

Unfortunately this did hose my system and I made no mistake disabling the correct USB. However, we all know making any changes to a computer has the potential to cause something to corrupt and I am not blaming it on the advice given. I did mention that it corrupted the system on the second time of trying and was just warning people what this did to my system. Maybe if you try it yourself a few times you may get the same result as I did. I believe this is what corrupted the computer because of the following things I did > I disabled the USB and  it asked me to reboot. When I rebooted the computer started to boot up, but I was greeted with nothing but a black screen. After waiting 15 mins I decided to power off and restart the computer. However, on doing this, windows did boot up, but somewhat very slowly. I tried another 4 attempts to boot the system and evertime it took an age to boot into windows.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:11:46 AM by Crafty »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 08:11:44 AM »
Disabling the Device was what was suggested...

From what you stated above it sounds like you disabled the USB controller...that was never suggested.

Crafty

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 08:15:51 AM »
Disabling the Device was what was suggested...

From what you stated above it sounds like you disabled the USB controller...that was never suggested.

In Device Manager, under Human Interface Devices, I disabled Saitek X52 Flight Stick (USB). Is this correct?