Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Random shutdown when Gaming in general  (Read 3547 times)

Mr.TJA

Random shutdown when Gaming in general
« on: November 11, 2011, 12:28:10 AM »
Well what makes my problem so different in this case is that. I am using a desktop and with all correct specs and it is not too shoved into a small enough space that I would think it would over heat. but it is slightly confined and all my drivers and programs are updated. My computer runs fine while I am browsing or doing complex programs but only when I am gaming does it randomly shut down without any flicker or pause or blue screen of death. And Before I have updated my comp and it seemed to get better...but now that is not even working anymore. I wish to GAME!!! Can any one help me..? OH and P.S. The game does this every time no and it's roughly 25 minutes into the gaming session.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Random shutdown when Gaming in general
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 07:00:36 AM »
Randomly shut down without warning... that's not good. Sounds really like a hardware issue-might be your PSU starting to fail and not providing a steady supply to the motherboard. Try running IntelburnTest on Standard to check for CPU stability, then run FurMark on the Burn-in test for 25min to check for GPU stability. If both fail then it is most likely either your motherboard or your PSU. If one fails then we have a suspect. It would be nice if you could post a screenshot of your temperatures while you are running the tests.
You can monitor your temps with this freeware program: www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none