Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista won't open my user manual CD but XP will?  (Read 2579 times)

lectrocrew

Topic Starter

Mentor

• ole dog learning new tricks
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • My first self-built computer
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Vista won't open my user manual CD but XP will?
« on: November 12, 2011, 07:34:41 PM »
I bought a Fluke 77 IV multimeter today to use at my job. A CD with user manual ect. was included in the box that I inserted into my PC running Vista Business x64. It would not open and the error messages are attached.
Adobe reader is up to date according to Secunia.
 This CD opens fine on my XP machine.
 What do I need to change on my Vista business x64 machine in order to open this document?
As always, thanks for the help!
Mike

[regaining space - attachment deleted by admin]

nixie

Beginner

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Vista won't open my user manual CD but XP will?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 07:55:37 PM »
Have you checked at the fluke website to see if they have a newer manual available for download? It apears from looking at your screenshots that this is not just a pdf, but a utility with a manual viewer. I'd try to track down the pdf through the manufacturer for the manual. Otherwise contact Fluke support and check with them to see if they know of any issues with their software and 64-bit OS. Maybe they have a 64-bit version available for download as a zip etc.

This link off the link you provided has lots of pdf's available: http://www.myflukestore.com/p1355/fluke_77-iv.php?tab=documents#tab_header

lectrocrew

Topic Starter

Mentor

• ole dog learning new tricks
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • My first self-built computer
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Vista won't open my user manual CD but XP will?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 08:49:44 PM »
Yes nixie, I found the download from Fluke and meant to mark this thread as solved but I forgot to do so.
Anyway, the download didn't really have much info I didn't already know but I did want to read it and have a copy on file.
So thanks for your help and now I'll now mark this thread as solved.  ;)

Thanks again,
Mike