Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i need help  (Read 2694 times)

etphn23

i need help
« on: September 07, 2005, 04:29:58 PM »
ok,i have a compaq armada laptop that i had win95 on but i formatted it to put 98 on it through ms-dos,but when i start the computer it says floppy diskette error and won't do anything but when i take the floppy drive out it loads until it says invalid system disk(i've tried with and w/o the hard drive) and i have no other disks in the computer at the time.  so i figured since i can't boot it with a floppy i would use a cd but i tried and the cd doesn't boot it so i figured if i go into bios and change the order so that it boots from the cd then hd then floppy then i can boot it with a cd but i can't get into bios,,,i looked and the page with the key combnations on this site and i can't get into it unless im pressing then wrong,the only thing that happens when i try them is it says non system disk instead(with no disks in) or it displays a message for about 2/10 of a secong which i can't read and then it restarts so what should i do.........if i could get the floppy to work that would be the easiest obviously......would and external floppy drive work.......how about an external hard drive........(the laptop works fine b/c i had 95 running on it fine)-----thanks a lot for your help

Computer_Commando

Re: i need help
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 04:33:10 PM »
Key to enter BIOS is probably F2 (many laptops are).  Try all the "F" keys.

etphn23

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 04:35:55 PM »
but those invalid and non-system disk messages don't interfere with it then??

etphn23

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 04:38:48 PM »
and its also a 97' laptop so since its older there might be a dif. way to get into bios......

Computer_Commando

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 05:18:39 PM »
but those invalid and non-system disk messages don't interfere with it then??

No.

Computer_Commando

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 05:19:16 PM »
and its also a 97' laptop so since its older there might be a dif. way to get into bios......

What would you suggest?

etphn23

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 07:48:05 PM »
i've tried it

merlin_2

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 07:50:24 PM »

etphn23

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 02:27:37 PM »
i re-thought it