Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: in TweekUI set do not show name on login page and now unable to login  (Read 3051 times)

pattybrew

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    U used TweekUI which is a Windows Service...Now I cannot get in without clicking on my name. Please help. I do get myself into so many messes. I do apologize for bothering you folks so much.

Also,  Machine will not boot from disc. It says CD ROM is not there and also says same about Hard drive which is where I have to scroll dow to tell it to boot from. This following F-12 Boot.  It is really a mess.
    Please Help

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: in TweekUI set do not show name on login page and now unable to login
    « Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 04:31:30 AM »
    By TweakUI do you mean this: http://lifehacker.com/309787/customize-windows-xp-with-tweakui

What exactly did you do before you messed up your computer? Is it possible to boot into safe mode to restore the Windows Logon Prompt?

To set your BIOS to boot from your hard drive automatically, please follow these instructions:
    http://www.hiren.info/pages/bios-boot-cdrom
    While mentally replacing "CD-ROM" as "Hard drive."
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

pattybrew

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: in TweekUI set do not show name on login page and now unable to login
      « Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 06:03:57 AM »
      Thank you for the valuable info. Yes the Tweak UI is the one you posted link to.
      I will get to the setup for Boot CD sequence when I return from Holiday on Monday. My CD ROM is a USB. When I first got the machine the boot sequence was floppy, CD etc.
      Thank you again. Have a wonderful Holiday.