Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Draytek Router Settings  (Read 2936 times)

wightrob

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Draytek Router Settings
« on: December 05, 2011, 04:36:16 PM »
I have recently changed from a Dlink router to a Draytek Vigor 2830n.  I have PCs running XP Home and 7 Home connected with cables.  I have a laptop running Vista Home Premium.  Here is the scenario:

With Dlink router:
PC with cable - laptop with cable > I can see the laptop from the PCs and the laptop can see other LAN devices and the internet
PC with cable - laptop wireless    > ditto

With Draytek router:
PC with cable - laptop with cable > I can see the laptop from the PCs and the laptop can see other LAN devices and the internet
PC with cable - laptop wireless    > I cannot see the laptop from the PCs and the laptop cannot see other LAN devices - the laptop does connect to the internet though

I have tried disabling the computer firewalls and the Draytek router firewalls - this did not help.

I have connected the Dlink to the Draytek with a cable.  If I connect the laptop to the Draytek wireless network the problem persists.  If I piggyback from the Dlink wireless to the Draytek and onto the LAN then all is OK.

The problem seems to be some wireless setting on the Draytek but Draytek support say this is not the case.
Any ideas?  ???

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Draytek Router Settings
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 11:22:53 PM »
This is probably due to WLAN isolation from the wired network-can you check if the PC with cable and laptop with wireless are on the same subnet?

http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/vigor2830.html
Your router does support Virtual LAN on specific SSIDs and LAN ports, so check in your router config if any VLANs are enabled.
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none