Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer hardware crash or something  (Read 2194 times)

schmandtrulz

computer hardware crash or something
« on: November 29, 2011, 09:01:52 PM »
I'm not very good with computers but have been able to remove viruses before.  I am nothing even close to a guru or even an expert so i really don't know whats going on.  A few days ago i had opened up my laptop from hibernation and everything was running smoothly but then i got a gazillion pop ups or warnings saying "Windows - delayed write fail".  My desktop background then turned black and all my files started deleting themselves.  To be more specific one random pop up said "Failed to save all the components for the file \\System32\\00000f8e. the file is corrupted or unreadable. This problem may be cause by PC hardware problem."  I can still open my laptop fine and surf the web but all my files are gone, the backgrounds still black and every few minutes another gazillion warnings come up.  I keep getting little notices from the bottom right of my screen saying things like ram is almost full and stuff and that something is going like 20% slower or something.  I just now got one saying file indexation process failed. other symptoms my computer is showing is that i cant use task manager, can't use the top right search bar online and a system fix window keeps trying to fix my computer almost as if it is a virus but that doesn't make sense seeing that i got system fix myself when my anti-virus software,  Microsoft Security essentials told me to after the crash or whatever it was.  Is there anything i can do to fix my computer? please help, thanks!

Additional details:
-- i have a Toshiba satellite L305D-S5904
-- it has been acting up lately i keep getting, backdoor :B warning or something from MSE and i try removing and quarantining it but it keeps coming back
-- i have windows 7 32 bit home premium  and s gigs of RAM
-- i already tried system restore but things like that tend not to work out for me so well.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 09:12:22 PM by schmandtrulz »

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: computer hardware crash or something
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 04:07:04 AM »
Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html