Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Window Vista (Plugged in not charging)  (Read 5849 times)

Ninabelle

Window Vista (Plugged in not charging)
« on: November 30, 2011, 08:30:07 PM »
As the title says I'm getting the plugged in but not charging problem, and it's sitting on 0%. Right now replacing parts is the last resort. I've tried cleaning several parts both the adapter and the battery, I've uninstalled then reinstalled the battery driver, and fidgeting with the adapter. Nothing has helped. As for a little background knowledge for the laptop i got this second hand from my best friend who thought it was broken (just needed to clean the inch thick dust clogging the heat sink) and she got it brand new in June 2008. So I'm well aware that parts go bad I'm just making sure. It's a Dell Inspiron 1525 running Vista. If you can think of anything else i can do let me know. If you suggest i got into the laptop to fix this please give me step by step instructions I'm not all that familiar with hardware as much as i am software.

kimsland

Intermediate

• Leaving, CH can obviously do without my support.
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Window Vista (Plugged in not charging)
    « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 02:40:17 AM »
    Please purchase a new battery, that one is faulty and beyond fixing.
    By the way, drivers are not required to help fix a faulty battery, the actual laptop can be totally off, and the battery should still charge if the power adapter is plugged in and on at the wall.

Keithuk

Rookie

• Martin2k
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 06:40:30 AM »
    I f had my Vista laptop (Fujitsu Siemens - Amilo Li1818) not charging earlier this year then indicator said plugged in not charging so I Googled for this and made 2 threads on Fujitsu forums I had one reply a couple of months later. I have a car charger for the laptop and that wouldn't show it charging.

He told me its a common problem with Vista. Open Device Manager and click on battery you should have Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listed, remove its and refresh hardware so it finds it again. I did this and it started charging again.

A couple of months later it stopped charging again it was the original battery which was 5 years old so I bought a new one and its charging again.

It could be your battery but remove Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and find it again it won't hurt to try that.
    Windows XP 2002 SP3 - Desktop computer
    Vista Home Premium SP2 - Laptop
    Windows ME - Spare computer
    Windows 8 64bit - Laptop

Programming with VB.

Keithuk

Rookie

• Martin2k
    « Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 10:37:57 AM »
    This must be the only forum out of 50 that I use that you can't edit your previous post, silly situation.  ???  :(

Reply from my Fujitsu Siemens forum.

AMILO Li1818 not charging
    Windows 8 64bit - Laptop

Programming with VB.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 11:12:02 AM »
    When you've been around a bit more that feature will be enabled...
    As per usual it was being abused so a few yo-yo's make it harder for all others.

patio.
    Moderator.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

kosala1212

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 07:50:08 PM »
    You are experiencing a problem which is common for many notebook users. The solution is simple. You just have to uninstall the battery driver and and remove the battery. Then, let your computer find for hardware changes. The steps to do this is well explained in this site.

http://www.techyv.com/questions/toshiba-battery-plugged-not-charging

Hope this helps you!
    Cheers!

Keithuk

Rookie

• Martin2k
    « Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 07:08:33 PM »
    You are experiencing a problem which is common for many notebook users. The solution is simple. You just have to uninstall the battery driver and and remove the battery. Then, let your computer find for hardware changes. The steps to do this is well explained in this site.

http://www.techyv.com/questions/toshiba-battery-plugged-not-charging

Thats exactly the same method that I've said.
    Windows 8 64bit - Laptop

Programming with VB.