Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video player problems  (Read 3541 times)

guy

Video player problems
« on: September 09, 2005, 04:46:32 PM »

Some of the videos I get work fine (normally around 2hours in lenght) but for others I would either just get a blank screen with no sound or a blank screen with sound. At first I thought they were just damaged files but its happening to often now and always with the same kind of content. Sometimes I would get an error message saying I should update my movie player but I have the most updated ones as it is and when I check the sites I'm told that there are no updates available.

I've tried using all the usual movie players to run them but it's always the same and always with the same sort of file. I'm guessing that the quality in the videos must be to high to run or something, but I don't really know much about these things.

Raptor

Re: Video player problems
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 05:17:44 PM »
You may need additional codecs. Try downloading a player such as DivX.

I've tried using all the usual movie players to run them but it's always the same and always with the same sort of file. I'm guessing that the quality in the videos must be to high to run or something, but I don't really know much about these things.

Exactly what players have you tried? You may simply need to download a codec that is missing instead of an entire player. l

guy

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 05:42:48 PM »
I've used: real player, windows media player, quick time and winamp.
I'm guessing that they werant the best choices cos DivX works. ;D
thanks alot  

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 05:58:15 PM »
Certainly not. Those programs are very basic.

Real Player should be removed immediatly, it is considered a type of spyware by many. I personally do not like Quicktime. There are alternatives available for both programs. I am certain Fed is kind enough to post these links.   :-*