Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Static on TV from Laptop Power Cord Replacement  (Read 2534 times)

luna821

Topic Starter

Rookie

Static on TV from Laptop Power Cord Replacement
    « on: December 16, 2011, 10:52:54 AM »
    I recently bought a new power cord adaptor for my laptop, the original died after content use, the thing is, it creates a snowy static on the TV, the original never caused it, so I decided to get another adaptor, but the same thing happens. Now, I don't have cable, I use an antenna with a digital receiver. Is there anything I can do to stop the interference?

truenorth

Guru

Re: Static on TV from Laptop Power Cord Replacement
      « Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 12:09:29 PM »
      If indeed the 2 "new" replacement cables are both creating a problem that was not there before there is a common defect with them. I assume this cable also includes the charger/transformer unit (which is more than likely the source of the interference that is generating the noise on your video screen). If you can take the unit back to point of purchase with the laptop as well and have them run the video to a monitor it should reproduce the same fault. Then have them try other units until one is found that doesn't cause the problem. You may also eliminate the interference if you can extend the distance of the laptop (with the charger connected) from the proximity of the TV.truenorth