Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Driver to Flash Drive  (Read 4157 times)

Daisymae70

Topic Starter

Beginner

• IowaMrs70 Blog
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Driver to Flash Drive
« on: December 12, 2011, 06:10:49 PM »
Can an driver I want to load to another computer be downloaded from one computer using  a flash drive and installed on another computer from the flash drive and if so how is that done?  I am trying to help someone I know who has this question.
Thanks for your help
The Truth is the Truth whether you believe it or not.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

geek hoodlum

Apprentice
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Driver to Flash Drive
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 06:48:50 PM »
Yes. No problem with that. Actually, I just downloaded motherboard & video card drivers (for Windows 7 64-bit) using my friend's computer and save it in my USB Flash Drive. Then transferred it to my own computer and installed it.

Daisymae70

Topic Starter

Beginner

• IowaMrs70 Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 07:31:44 PM »
Excellent!! Thank you.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 11:26:54 AM »
    IowaMrs. I am not quite clear of exactly what the process it is that you want to follow to get this driver. Both routes are possible via your method. Is the driver already in existence on the "other" computer and stored somewhere and you want to make a copy? Or do you want to use the "other" computer to go to the particular driver site and download it to your flash drive? The 2nd is a bit easier and the method i would recommend. Simply have the flash drive plugged into the "other" computer and once located direct the download of the driver to the flash drive. Bring the flash drive to the destination computer and once recognized (the flash drive) install from the driver icon visible in the open window of the flash drive.truenorth

Daisymae70

Topic Starter

Beginner

• IowaMrs70 Blog
    « Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 08:15:12 AM »
    Your 2nd explanation was what I was looking for and has cleared everything up for me about being able to down load a driver to a flash drive. Thank you for your response Truenorth.  It is what I thought, but just wanted to be sure.