Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: e machine monitor is not working  (Read 2015 times)

rickmc

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    e machine monitor is not working
    « on: December 24, 2011, 08:02:30 AM »
     :(i received this monitor from my fathers estate after every body in family took every thing else. the monitor is plugged in and the center button at the center bottom of frame is flashing blue, on the side(r)towards the bottom there are four buttons input,auto,bright,darkness,menu. model # el1938, prod# e19t5w. :(no instructions, called e-machines of course they want 50.00 to troubleshoot, got monitor for free would like to fix same, am planning to use as a gaming monitor for a ps2now,ps3later cn any of you all help me with this problem.
    ?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Re: e machine monitor is not working
    « Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 07:26:15 PM »
    You need to try another cable and or working PC, double check connection, port/pins. The $50 charge is not worth for this troubleshooting purposes. What type of cable are you using to connect on your PS2?

rickmc

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 02:05:59 AM »
      jason; thanks for reply, am using cables that came with monitor, 15 pin can i check continuity on cable with my meter first then will have to get new cable,also am using my netbook for the pc also my os is windows 7 not xp.
      ?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 02:07:14 AM »
      The best way to really check first is by a desktop or your laptop before going for any gaming console. You just need to test/swap cables or maybe borrow one.