Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: launching of each programmes taking too much time  (Read 8052 times)

blindhelpfultech

Beginner
  • Nadia
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: launching of each programmes taking too much time
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 11:28:13 AM »
That's what I was going to say patio but you took the words I was going to use. I know this might be a long shot, but have you tried going into start up to see what runs when you boot up your pc. if you install programs a lot the start up still shows them. Follow this to a tea or you might encounter more difficulties.

1. Hit the windows key plus + r and you will get a run dialog box (hit windows key first hold down then tap or hit r.)
2.Type the following: msconfig that will  bring you to the Microsoft configuration window.
3. go to the startup tab and that tap only
4. Unchecked everything besides your AV program and wireless.

[u]iif you do not know what it is do not touch it[/u]
5. click apply and ok you will get a message box
6. Check the check box in order for it not to remind  you  that you changed settings every time on boot up

Reboot and remember if you do not know what your checking leave it alone

This should improve your start up time and logging in time along with the over all performance of your PC

Post back and tell me if it worked and remember follow everything wish you luck 
Great learders know they don't know everything and that is OK to say they have no idea. Doing that they will allow them to not knowing is not a problem, it leaves you to be open minded to learn from others It is OK to ask for detail and learn from those that as we are are all new at something and have our skill set.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 11:37:16 AM »
blindhelpfultech  msconfig is a diagnostic utility and should NOT be used to make permanent changes to startup items.

namsnice - please answer the question about which process is spiking

blindhelpfultech

Beginner
  • Nadia
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 12:15:48 PM »
ok then I guess everyone who told me that lied about its perpus to me and many others sorry and thanks for teaching me something new :)
Great learders know they don't know everything and that is OK to say they have no idea. Doing that they will allow them to not knowing is not a problem, it leaves you to be open minded to learn from others It is OK to ask for detail and learn from those that as we are are all new at something and have our skill set.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 02:13:25 AM »
What I've gathered from sporadic clarity of the OPs posts so far is that they have hardware issues that are detected by the built-in diagnostics of the machine.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

PCdoc

Hopeful

• Yes
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 11:46:13 AM »
blindhelpfultech  msconfig is a diagnostic utility and should NOT be used to make permanent changes to startup items.

I disagree :) I myself use the utility to make changes to startup items and its the best and the easiest way of enabling/disabling startup items, be it temporarily or permanently . :)

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 11:57:52 AM »
Feel free to use it any way you like. But the fact is that it was designed specifically to be a diagnostic utility. There are any number of simple apps to manage startup programs, and of course services.msc to manage services. I'm not saying it doesn't work, only that it's not the correct use of the tool.

From this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310560

This article describes how to troubleshoot configuration errors in Windows XP by using the System Configuration utility (Msconfig.exe). The System Configuration utility helps you find problems with your Windows XP configuration. It does not manage the programs that run when Windows starts.

For more information about disabling or permanently removing the programs that run when Windows starts, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
270035  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270035/ ) How to disable programs that run when you start Windows XP Home Edition or Windows Vista

Also:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/msconfig_usage.mspx?mfr=true

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 12:02:15 PM »

ok then I guess everyone who told me that lied about its perpus to me and many others sorry and thanks for teaching me something new :)

I disagree :) I myself use the utility to make changes to startup items and its the best and the easiest way of enabling/disabling startup items, be it temporarily or permanently . :)

That's the difference between opinion and fact. Allan has stated a fact, everything else is opinion.

11 cheers for binary !

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 12:31:45 PM »
<p style="sarcasm-strength : heavy;">
Yes, let's disagree that the purpose of the application is exactly what the creators of the application said it was. And instead presuppose that clearly the purpose of the application differs from that given by it's creators on the basis that we use it for something else. That's certainly a course of action not laden with folly.
</p>

You can use notepad to keep track of a table of numbers, but that doesn't make notepad a spreadsheet application.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

blindhelpfultech

Beginner
  • Nadia
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 02:47:55 PM »
Feel free to use it any way you like. But the fact is that it was designed specifically to be a diagnostic utility. There are any number of simple apps to manage startup programs, and of course services.msc to manage services. I'm not saying it doesn't work, only that it's not the correct use of the tool.

From this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310560

This article describes how to troubleshoot configuration errors in Windows XP by using the System Configuration utility (Msconfig.exe). The System Configuration utility helps you find problems with your Windows XP configuration. It does not manage the programs that run when Windows starts.

For more information about disabling or permanently removing the programs that run when Windows starts, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
270035  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270035/ ) How to disable programs that run when you start Windows XP Home Edition or Windows Vista

Also:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/msconfig_usage.mspx?mfr=true
Well I will take into consederration everyone thoughts, and your fact may I ask how you use it as a "diagnostic utility" that I have never head of thanks for the very informing   thred thanks to all the admins and members who are teaching me new sutf dalliy. My respect is off to you and thanks for passing on what you all know :) great information :)

namsnice

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 06:04:57 AM »
sir
i allready disabled all the startup items except av nd os service..but not through the msconfig but through advance system care 5.0's startup manager.
when i start the dell support center at start cpu uses goes upto the20% and dis is the max when i launch a single apps.
whereas after launching the avg whole comp scan its taking upto 52% alone.
none other apps or program i could see which spikes the cpu more than dis. i m using core 2 duo t6600 2.2 ghz 2.2 ghz.
Best Regards
Nams

namsnice

Topic Starter

Beginner
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 06:33:35 AM »
its that

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]
Best Regards
Nams

blindhelpfultech

Beginner
  • Nadia
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 02:13:30 PM »
:o
ram: 4 gb
hdd: 320 gb
       avg internet security 2011

all programmes r taking too mch tim nd d cpu meter showing uses upto 40 50 % at max...stabl
after launching no problm faced

after boot windows loading s slo too even no programm in startup...
shutting down s also slo

used IOBIT Advance System Care 5 PRO ...bt no improvement

With all do respect please reply to Allens q's he posted for the second or third time. Remember that your information will decide weather anyone will be able to help you. Please wright in detail what is happning not only that but when it started, what procceses spike when you go into task mananger. Keep in mind that if you have an q on how to get into something like task manager to ask we can not read your mind.
Best regards, blindhelpfultech

namsnice

Topic Starter

Beginner
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2012, 10:15:16 AM »
sir,
i am a novice and according to my mind the spiking of cpu means sudden increase of itz uses. i mentioned above those processes only.
the respective processes are of pcdoc.exe and avgwcs.exe.

if spiking of cpu stands for any other thing, please clarify me just treating as a novice. i can xplore the every part of task manager.

and thanks allen and others for giving your useful time for me

regards
nams
Best Regards
Nams

namsnice

Topic Starter

Beginner
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 05:49:41 AM »
 :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D
today i saw that my pc contained the java runtime env 5.
i just uninstalled it, cleaned with advance system care 5.0and then updated to jre 7 update 2.

after rebooting all the problems are solved.

each thing is launching with approx twice faster now.

i am too happy. thanks to all for giving your precious advice and time.

but at all i could not imagine that the having older version of java can cause this much impact on system.

(this solution is taken from one of the post).
Best Regards
Nams