Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Removl of installed programme  (Read 3019 times)

aarkrao

Topic Starter

Rookie

Removl of installed programme
    « on: December 28, 2011, 05:54:27 PM »
    Sirs/ Friends ???,

In windows 7 (OS), I had installed a departmental specific programme. It was not functioning stating that "xxxxx" file is not registered properly in the registry. Despite my several attempts to reinstall and run from several sources of the programme have not yeilded result.

Hence, when I wanted to remove the installed programme from the Add/ remove programme, only name of the installed programme was being reflected and other details were blank (date, type etc). When I tried to remove it, it started giving me various file names (most of them ending with .tmp). I located them and tried to remove them. I got a message that they are being run by 'rund32dll" file. Even that .dll process I terminated and tried. Then it kept on giving file upon file names being used by various processess.

I suspect the programme and my PC contains viruses (one of them being Trojan).

Surprisingly, the SAME PROGARMME (after 5-6 attemps of installation) started running smoothly in another computer WITH THE SAME VIRUSES and same configuration.

I am trying to instal this but can not.

Any suggestions/ advice?

Regards

RK

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Removl of installed programme
    « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 11:38:07 PM »
    You should visit our Virus and Spyware removal board:
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?board=7.0 
    Then proceed with the program reinstallation.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Removl of installed programme
    « Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 05:48:34 AM »
    Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html