Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: msn 7.0 freezes when outlook express 6 freezes  (Read 2190 times)

marie132

msn 7.0 freezes when outlook express 6 freezes
« on: September 11, 2005, 06:10:03 PM »
 hello,

i have been using msn 7.0 for a while now (on a windows XP home edition laptop) and it's been working just fine until recently. sometimes when i start my computer, msn wont respond. i do not get any error message, i just see the icon in the task bar that shows me online, but the main window goes blank and just hangs.

i have noticed that when it happens, outlook express 6 will just freeze on startup and all i have is the blue square of outlook that just hangs there, no error message.

also, when outlook freezes, msn wont work so it seems to work both ways/be related.

so what i did is i ended the program and ran it again, but it didnt fix it. i have to restart. sometimes after i restart it works fine and sometimes it freezes again forcing me to restart again.

i must say it is pretty annoying cuz now everytime i startup i worry i'll have to restart.

it started one day without any notice and i didnt do anything different. i ran spybot and nothing seems weird so im really wondering what causes it.

any ideas?

thanks, marie.

yourfateissealed

Re: msn 7.0 freezes when outlook express 6 freezes
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 06:37:19 PM »
scan antivirus, and run Microsoft's AnitSpyware.  Upgrade MSN, also...i believe there is a new version.