Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My computer couldnt TURN ON  (Read 2944 times)

jai

My computer couldnt TURN ON
« on: September 10, 2005, 03:03:47 AM »
Dear all,

Hoping some one here in this forum can help my computer problem:

My computer is:

-Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.4 GHz and runing winXP Version 2, SP2.
-Gigabyte Motherboad: GA- 8IPE1000MK, Intel chip.
-64 VGA RADEON 9200- Gigabyte.
-512 MB of DDR.
-160 GB of Maxtor.

The problem is:

To turn on my computer, I have to press power button and wait about 15 minutes. There are  no beep sound, no light, nothing display. But i can see my monitor's power is working. After waiting about 15 minutes i have to turn off  power from my UPS and turn on by pressing power button from my computer again, only then computer start working properly. Every day i have to do like this.  i dont know the problem, please help me to solve this.

I upgraded this computer from PIII to P4 last two years. the problem just started last few month.

Thank you,

JAI

Raptor

Re: My computer couldnt TURN ON
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 04:28:26 AM »
Do you require the UPS to be connected or is it in case of an emergency?

What happens when you connect it directly to the power grid? Will it boot normally?

jai

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 05:57:05 AM »

It's the same happen when i connect directly to the power grid. I always use UPS directly since i bought this computer. I have been using UPS for 2 years it has no problem with UPS. I think.... i have this problem just a few month ago. Yes, i tried to connect directly to power without UPS but the same things happening. plz help me.....

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 06:10:33 AM »
Have you tried to reset the BIOS to the default values?

jai

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 06:23:37 AM »
NO.. i dont try to reset the BIOS to the default values yet. Do you think that this is becoze of BIOS setting? if so, why?. it would be help me of the failer in the future.

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 06:40:11 AM »
NO.. i dont try to reset the BIOS to the default values yet. Do you think that this is becoze of BIOS setting? if so, why?. it would be help me of the failer in the future.

A user may have changed the ACPI settings.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 01:01:54 PM »
Jai:

Do you get the same result when you disconnect the UPS and plug your computer into the electrical outlet?

jai

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 10:45:24 PM »
Dear Sir,

I still facing the same problem either power disconnect from UPS or plug it to electrical outlet.  As Raptor told me yesterday, eventhough I did reset the BIOS to the default values it still the same thing happening. I face such this problem over a week. It's just occurring one time a day especialy when I start turn my computer on in the morning.

i use to turn off my computer at midnight and turn on at about 09:00 AM. I use to work and study with my computer 10 hrs a day.

after i turned off my computer midnight every mornning i have to wait for about 15 minutes to get my computer work.

plz help i dont want to replace new one if possible as i am a student studying about computer softwares and web designing. This forum and this site help me a lot. Thanks a lot for kind help and sharing your computer knowledges to such those who have few computer knowledge like me. this computerhope webiste is the most i interest among the sites that have visited so far.

Jai

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #8 on: September 10, 2005, 10:55:48 PM »
    My first best guess is that you have a failing PSU.
    Can you swap it with a known good one?

GX1_Man

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2005, 10:00:11 PM »
    Dear Sir,

plz help i dont want to replace new one if possible as i am a student studying about computer softwares and web designing.
    Jai

You should study replacing the power supply. This computer is not working properly.