Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cant play videos  (Read 2449 times)

amyandmia

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Cant play videos
    « on: January 03, 2012, 07:32:41 PM »
    The other day I tried to start up Sims 2, my favorite game. The launcher came up as usual and I clicked play, but the game did not open. I tried this a few more times and the same thing kept happening. I then tried Sims 3, the launcher came up again and I clicked play. Then the computer went to a black screen and looked like it was loading for a long time until I had to close the whole game out with the task manager. I assumed something was just wrong with the game so I opened itunes and went to play some music. I pressed play and then the whole thing froze up. I force-ended it and tried again but the same thing happened. Then I opened up Firefox and went to Youtube. I could do whatever I wanted on the internet and it worked fine until I tried to play a video. As soon as I clicked play the whole window froze. I couldn't click anything but if I tried to close it it would eventually warn me I was trying to close multiple tabs. So I clicked cancel and it refreshed the window. This made the space where the video was supposed to be turn grey and it said there was a problem with adobe flash. This happens when I try to play videos on Megavideo too. I scanned for viruses but there weren't any. Does anybody know what I should do?

Im using an HP laptop (pavilion g4 if that means anything) and windows 7. Ive been scanning it with the free trial of hitman pro.

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Cant play videos
    « Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 09:28:15 PM »
    Try internet explorer or chrome and see if the issue present with firefox still exists.

amyandmia

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Cant play videos
      « Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 02:05:52 PM »
      ok i tried it with internet explorer, the same thing happened as with firefox