Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IRC for computer hope.com and screen reader  (Read 3144 times)

blindhelpfultech

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Nadia
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
IRC for computer hope.com and screen reader
« on: January 04, 2012, 12:20:28 AM »
as you may or not know I use a screen reader and the use ICR webbassed is very unaccessable at times. I would love to know what IRC programs that are free can conect to computer hopes website. That are free and somone knows and could walk me through setup along with a cerent list of commands for that program that you provide me with.

Thanks
Great learders know they don't know everything and that is OK to say they have no idea. Doing that they will allow them to not knowing is not a problem, it leaves you to be open minded to learn from others It is OK to ask for detail and learn from those that as we are are all new at something and have our skill set.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: IRC for computer hope.com and screen reader
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 12:30:09 AM »
XChat and HydraIRC.

I don't know if XChat is free on Windows. I've heard it's shareware on windows, but others have told me it's been made free since then, so I don't know. HydraIRC is free.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

blindhelpfultech

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Nadia
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 12:33:01 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply bc :) I will look into it and let you know on my progress  8)
Great learders know they don't know everything and that is OK to say they have no idea. Doing that they will allow them to not knowing is not a problem, it leaves you to be open minded to learn from others It is OK to ask for detail and learn from those that as we are are all new at something and have our skill set.

blindhelpfultech

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Nadia
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 12:50:29 AM »
well the installing was esay but the setting it up need help with that

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 01:33:14 AM »
XChat and HydraIRC.

I don't know if XChat is free on Windows. I've heard it's shareware on windows, but others have told me it's been made free since then, so I don't know. HydraIRC is free.

XChat is free for the first thirty days on windows.

well the installing was esay but the setting it up need help with that

Which one did you get?
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 01:57:35 AM »
XChat is free for the first thirty days on windows.

I did some research, it's actually only the "official" windows build that follows that model. anybody is free to download the source and compile it themselves. And some others have done this and distribute the binaries; those are in fact listed right on the XChat site. It's a bit of a weird model but it makes sense at least on some level.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

blindhelpfultech

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Nadia
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 03:14:58 AM »
I installed the HydraIRC but if I can hum get something to work weather it would be that one or not I would be willing