Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: problems connecting to the internet  (Read 2523 times)

tenorsaxplayer73

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    problems connecting to the internet
    « on: January 04, 2012, 06:09:44 PM »
    Hello,

I am currently trying to connect one of my desktops to the internet and it will not connect.....ive tried everything to get it......when you do ipconfig there is no default gateway or DNS......im not sure what is wrong with it any suggestions would be appricated.....if you need to know anything else just post and ill tell you.....

.....more info......i can conenct the cord into the desktop that is currently not working into another desktop and it will work.......also i can take this desktop to my mothers house plug it in and it will work....just not at my house....

geek hoodlum

Apprentice
      • Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: problems connecting to the internet
    « Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 11:23:14 PM »
    Hi and welcome to Computer Hope!

In order for someone to help you diagnose your problem, they are going to need as much detailed information about it.

What operating system are you using?
    Do you have an extra NIC Card installed in your motherboard or you just use the built-in one?
    Are all drivers properly installed?
    Describe the problem exactly. When did it start?

Try also this... In the Command Prompt window, type ipconfig /release then hit enter. After that, type ipconfig /renew then hit enter. Check in your system tray if your Local Area Connection will acquire an IP Address.