Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer turns off few seconds after switching on!!  (Read 2299 times)

KeeLx

Topic Starter

Starter
  • HOW DID THIS GET HERE? I AM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTER
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Computer turns off few seconds after switching on!!
    « on: January 10, 2012, 09:23:09 AM »
    So here's my problem! I just got a new case, put everything in. Turn it on, all the fans start spinning and the led fans come on, but a few seconds later the system turns off.

Also by the way, the PSU doesnt fit in perfectly and i manage to get two screws in (not all the way) its hard to plug in. And the computer isnt connected to a monitor or anything at the moment

Any help? ???

P.S by the way, my psu is brand new and i have been using it for a week and used it an hour before the case change.
    HOW DID THIS GET HERE? I AM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTER

guitar_man

Starter

Re: Computer turns off few seconds after switching on!!
      « Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 09:32:51 AM »
      when you swapped mobo to second case , did you notice any small plastic washers in bottom of old case , these are used to insulate Mobo from stand offs .try removing mobo from case and try it on an insulated surface as proof this is troubles

KeeLx

Topic Starter

Starter
        « Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 09:37:18 AM »
        Small plastic standoffs? I cant see any. Only metal things that sick out and have a place for screws to go in, which i am unable to remove (for i am probably too weak...). also i didnt get to use every screw slot on the motherboard because i didnt have enough 'metal things that stick out'.

Popeye67

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 09:49:11 AM »
        check the stand off are in the right position in new case or they can short out the board and stop it working, use a pair of pliers and use the ones from old case if necessary but dont add any extra

KeeLx

Topic Starter

Starter
          « Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 11:25:26 AM »
          Its fixed! i believe the mobo connector wasnt plugged in properly or either the heatsink or something. Thanks for all the help guys!  ;D