Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The gloves are off  (Read 5561 times)

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: The gloves are off
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 03:36:07 PM »
Wonderful... Microsoft is actually better than Linux... This could cause issues...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

R0SS

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 03:55:28 PM »
Microsoft has always been better!

R0SS

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 11:17:23 PM »
Microsoft has always upped the ante on hardware requirements for it's new and improved OS. People are too ready to fallinto that upgrade trap and buy hardware and solftware solutions that probably only 10% max will ever use.

I can surf the net as well (read about as quickly) with my trusty PII-400 and a 10 gig drive and Windows 98 with a broadband connection as my newer machines. On a PIII and 256 RAM, Linux will be just as quick, and free, and much more secure.

If I gamed or did a lot of digital imaging that might be another matter, but I don't.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 03:25:44 AM »
What Linux are you using?

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 04:21:11 PM »
Slackware runs great on the PII machine currently. I prefer the Debian variety - Mepis is also very good, and easy to install. For my everyday use (not tinkering away but need to be productive) I use Linspire. I have been very satisfied with that. It is a good starting point for people trying to transition.

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 04:35:55 PM »
Its a pity that people fell for msoft......and never used linux....a mutli/cross platform o/s choice may have undermined msoft......and may have  them look rather silly.

If under pressure nick ideas from elsewhere/or buy them out........when a mac pc booted......it beat a msoft pc.....
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 04:36:37 PM by merlin_2 »