Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New to the Forum Vista Blue Screen  (Read 2497 times)

JohnProverbs

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    New to the Forum Vista Blue Screen
    « on: January 12, 2012, 06:22:14 PM »
    Good Day Computer Hope Mods!

I'm new and I have a problem with my laptop.  It's running Vista Home Premium and I had gotten a virus.  The virus makes copies of shorcuts of every file that is not an exe extension.  Then it makes the folders and files hidden.  I have removed this virus before on my xp system but with vista I can't.   I ran Malwarebytes and had 11 infections.  One of the files was lsass.exe. 

I made the stupid mistake of just clicking next when it warned me it would delete files.  I did this before on my xp system and it always worked alright.  The system asked for reboot to remove the files and I clicked ok.  After it rebooted I get the welcome screen but I have no desktop.  There's only a blank blue screen with a mouse pointer.

When I press clt alt delete I get 4 options logoff, switch user, etc.  I have tried to reboot in safemode.  I get the same blank blue screen.  I also have tried the last good configuration 2 times and it still does not load.

I downloaded the otlpe file and have used it on the computer.  It loads fine thank God. 

I believe that the 11 files malwarebytes quarantined and/or deleted after I restarted caused the problem.  How can I repair these files?

I have checked for a restore point and in the repair system options windows said there was no restore points.

Thanks very much in advance for all your help.  It is greatly appreciated.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: New to the Forum Vista Blue Screen
    « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 05:59:49 AM »
    Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html