Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IDVR4000 video surveillance does not send email  (Read 5590 times)

Brandy

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Experienced
    IDVR4000 video surveillance does not send email
    « on: January 11, 2012, 05:55:57 PM »
    I really don't know where to post this, IDVR4000 is software that runs my 8 ch video capture card, the software seems to work properly except for the sending of email alerts when motion is recorded by the card.

I have been trying to solve this for a few days and no luck so far, if anyone knows anything or somewhere that I can get assistance I would appreciate it.

The card and software come from China, they have a website with the latest drivers, software but not much else.  The quality is very good considering the card and Sony with 600 TVl cost about $160 CD

Thanks for any help

God bless
    Jim

Raptor

Re: IDVR4000 video surveillance does not send email
    « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 03:24:33 PM »
    So how does it not send email? Are you perhaps trying to use an SMTP server that doesn't function with the current modem? Get any errors?

Brandy

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 09:08:42 PM »
      The PC I have the surveillance software and capture card is running XP Pro, the email program on XP is Outlook Express 6 with all the latest updates.  I can send email without any problem using OE6, the IDVR4000 software is configured with the same info that is used in Outlook Express, I have searche everywhere within the software to see if I forgot to configure anything but can't find anything wrong.   The image from the camera can be viewed on the internet with other computers in our home.  The alarm is being triggered according to the data kept in the software files.  Thanks for taking the time to ask, please give any advice that I can try.

God bless

Jim

Brandy

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 09:11:33 PM »
        The PC I have the surveillance software and capture card is running XP Pro, the email program on XP is Outlook Express 6 with all the latest updates.  I can send email without any problem using OE6, the IDVR4000 software is configured with the same info that is used in Outlook Express, I have searche everywhere within the software to see if I forgot to configure anything but can't find anything wrong.   The image from the camera can be viewed on the internet with other computers in our home.  The alarm is being triggered according to the data kept in the software files.  Thanks for taking the time to ask, please give any advice that I can try.

God bless

Jim

There really isn't much to configure, all it asks for is the SMTP info, account name,password,from email, to email, and cc email, all the server, 5060, alarm 5061, remote play 5062, TCP 80 and 81 are configured and working.

Any help is appreciated.

God bless
        Jim

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 04:50:32 AM »
        So the computer is in your home and you're using the SMTP server provided by your provider?

Can you otherwise send email from that computer with Outlook? Is the program being blocked by a software firewall or internet security solution?

Brandy

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 05:21:42 PM »
          So the computer is in your home and you're using the SMTP server provided by your provider?

Can you otherwise send email from that computer with Outlook? Is the program being blocked by a software firewall or internet security solution?

I can send email without any problem using OE6 on the same PC, the IDVR4000 software is configured with the same info that is used in Outlook Expres and is transmitting video over the internet.  That's what puzzels me.

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 05:13:21 AM »
          What is the error that is displayed when it attempts to send email?

And what kind of emails are we talking about? Do they have file attachments?

Brandy

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 08:38:42 PM »
            What is the error that is displayed when it attempts to send email?

And what kind of emails are we talking about? Do they have file attachments?

There are no error messages, nothing, the emails are supposed to be jpg's of the motion detected

Thanks
            God bless
            Jim

Raptor

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 05:46:25 AM »
            Could you check your provider's spam folder? Or turn off the spam filter if it doesn't have a trap and then try again.

Brandy

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 04:35:23 PM »
              I use Mailwasher Pro as a spam filter and there isn't one item in the spam bin nor any marked as spam.

I have been trying and asking for advice  and have come to the conclusion that this is not the best DVR software, I would like to know if I can use other surveillance software with my card, IDVR4000 sold by www.goldvision.com.cn
              or if someone has a suggestion for software, software and card,  8 Channel capture for PC

Thanks
              God bless
              Jim

Raptor

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 03:20:56 AM »
              I use Mailwasher Pro as a spam filter and there isn't one item in the spam bin nor any marked as spam.

That is not the same as your ISP's spam folder. You need to check both.

You could try this: http://www.zoneminder.com/

Brandy

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 11:54:47 AM »
                I never ever saw my ISP's spam folder, I wouldn't know where to look, I use Outlook Express for email and Rogers is my ISP, I am not aware of any spam folder.

I don't know what zoneminder is but I'll look it up with Google.

Thanks for any help, I am thinking of scraping the whole mess and starting fresh, I read that the card needs specific software so I guess my card is a waste of time since it doesn't do what I want.

From what I read IP systems are the way to go, but what puzzles me is how do you connect 8 cameras to a computer, you must need some type of DVR with 8 inputs, I have tried several times buying junk, X-10 and cards from China, I guess you get what you pay for.  Feel free to make suggestions.

Again Thanks
                God bless

Jim

Raptor

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 01:24:56 PM »
                I never ever saw my ISP's spam folder, I wouldn't know where to look, I use Outlook Express for email and Rogers is my ISP, I am not aware of any spam folder.

Should be in your provider's webmail.

I don't know what zoneminder is but I'll look it up with Google.

Just click the link!  ;)

I have no suggestions on security hardware, no experience in that matter other than what I read about Zoneminder.